May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

As I stood up this morning in church with all the other mothers I felt tears roar to the surface.  So many emotions going through my head. And just as I thought my pain was caused by the absence of my sonY, I was handed a yellow rose. It was then that I understood with tears in my eyes and my mom favorite flower in my hand, it was my mom that I missed so much!  I stared at that yellow flower all service and thought of what an amazing mom I am blessed to have. And how I wish I could give her a yellow rose on this day. You see I miss my son, no I ache for my son everyday! But that emotion has become normal, recognizable, expected. The emotion I felt today was an aching for my mommy, for all the amazing women in my life that I have been missing while we have been here. It has been a month now since we arrived and on this day I felt sadness and joy together. As I think of how blessed excited and thankful I am for the many many great examples I have in my life of what a great mother looks like. And on this day Mike and I are especially reminded of our mothers. Of two women who would do anything and have already done so much for us. We love you both so much and we can't wait for Baby B to meet you both. And to our Grandmas and sisters and friends thank you also for showing us what motherhood is about. We love each of you, and miss you all so much. And in honor of my mother and mother in law I send each of you a (virtual) yellow rose. And I pray that you feel as honored and blessed as I did this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment