June 29, 2011

Waiting

When Mandy and I started the adoption process I knew that there would be plenty of time to wait but I had no idea what that feeling would be like.  Imagine you're a kid in school again and you can't wait for summer break!  You can't wait for the sun, no homework and time to hang out with friends.  Now change that a bit......you know summer break is coming but you have no idea when.  Each day you go to school hoping the teachers will tell you it's the last day of school.  It might be June 5th but it might be August 15th.....you don't know.  You're waiting for one of the best days of the year but don't know when that will be.  That is what it feels like waiting for our referral.

We are waiting for that phone call from Holt.  The phone call that will forever change our lives. It's an excruciating time for us.  During the wait for our referral we've been praying for patience but as the wait has been strung out even longer we have resorted to flat out praying for us to get our referral.  Most people look forward to the weekend....I look forward to the week because I know Holt can't call us on the weekend with good news.

I look forward to the day that I can look at pictures of my child, say his(her) name, pray specifically for him and daydream about the day we bring him home.  Will there be more waiting in this process....yes.  Will it be hard....yes.  But at least I will have a name and picture of my baby.  Those are the things that will help us get through the long periods of waiting.  I pray that we would get that referral soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment